What to wear?
- Let’s show the world your personality! If lime green is your favorite color, wear lime green. Like polka dots? Great! Simple patterns and bold colors look great in photos. Choosing a bold color that is similar to your eye color is an awesome choice too.
- Layers, layers, layers! Think scarves, hats, jackets! Layering tanks under tees, bright colored leggings under skirts or dresses. Tall boots or funky heels. A variety of textures will give your photos some extra kick.
- Look good – feel good. Wear that outfit that makes you feel fantastic. It’s a fact; when you feel good, it shows. Why not show it in your photos?
- Avoid logos, bold patterns and character-wear. Avoid logos or cartoons that might make your photos look dated in a few years. Avoiding patterns and logos also help keep the focus on the subject rather than being distracting.
- Along the same lines, pick clothing that fits nicely. The clothes should hang on the bodies well, without folding or creasing. And always dress for full-length shots. Meaning, your feet could make an appearance as well. Make sure your shoes are in good shape and match your appearance. Often, barefoot makes for some of the best photos – as long as the weather allows it.
- Kids: Cheerful, fun prints, polka dots, stripes; whatever showcases who they really are. Add some layers and texture (maybe even a tutu or tie). Most kids aren’t comfortable in formal dress and occasionally it can show in their pictures. So, if you have your heart set on your little angel in a suit or an elaborate party dress, make sure to bring a second outfit that is more casual and comfortable.
- Families & Couples: Coordinating but not matching. Don’t over-match! The whole group does not have to wear black t’s and denim. Why not shake it up a bit and show some of who each person is as an individual within the whole? Mom should be the belle of the ball in a dress/skirt or fashionable jeans and ideally, heels! Make sure everyone dresses at the same level of formality; either all dressy or all casual, in similar or complimentary color tones. Examples could be earth tones, neutrals, sky blue and chocolate brown, etc.
- Maternity & Newborn: For maternity, we suggest some simple basics: jeans, tight tops that hug the belly, a beautiful dress or flowing skirt and a flattering, comfortable, top/sweater, possibly with a beautiful print. After all, most of this session will be all about the belly. For your precious newborn, au naturale, or just a diaper, is best. We want to capture those beautiful bellies, tiny toes and tooshies. If you have a special outfit be sure to have that ready to go as well. Props work well with newborns too; hats, baskets, bowls, etc.
When and where?
- I prefer to book all of my outdoor sessions a couple of hours before sunset or just before sunrise (if at all possible). Personally, I believe this is the most beautiful and flattering light of the day. Sessions are on location of your choice.
Children/Baby or Standard Portrait/Senior Portrait: $200
Family session or Engagement/Couple session: $250
Print Price List
Please, email for wedding rates.
Each session includes a consultation to discuss location and wardrobe, photographing services, cost of film and film processing, image retouching & post processing, and a 60 day online viewing gallery. You also have the option to purchase your photo collection on a high resolution disc for an additional $200 charge.
All prices subject to change without notice